Thursday, August 21, 2008

Na-na-na-na-na Batman!

I got a $50 gift card from Amazon as consolation for buying an HD DVD player mere months before Toshiba called it quits. So, I ordered Abby a nice case for her camera and some Batman comics that I'd never seen because I was too young for them when they came out. I got The Dark Knight Returns and Year One (both by Frank Miller) and The Killing Joke. I'll update you on how I like them. I'm also reading Atlas Shrugged which might take awhile. It's got tiny, tiny type and is over 1k pages! I can't remember the last time I read a book that long. I think it was probably one of the Musketeer books by Dumas and that was over a decade ago.

2 comments:

randall peter said...

hey trav-

so... did you return the hd dvd player, or are you hoping to make a killing in 40 years when it becomes an arcane museum piece?

randall

Travis said...

No, they just gave people who bought them in a certain date range $50 gift certificates. Best Buy did it first. It will be pretty sweet in my museum of electronics/parts that I never threw away.