Friday, April 24, 2009

Quick Update

In no particular order:

As you may have read, Abby beat me at chess the other night. She did very well. She tends to underestimate her skills and become frustrated, but when she thinks through her moves she does well. I'm proud of her. I always have fun playing with her even when I lose.

I had a disc golf weekend with Randall and Andrew last weekend. It was awesome! I have a new favorite course, Coyote Point. It was difficult, but fun. Lots of variation with some altitude variation. It was evident real thought was put into every hole. There was never a very easy route (at least for me). Many holes made me try shots I might not normally try because there really weren't that many options to try. Randall has some photos (I forgot Abby's camera) and I'm sure I'll post at least a few when I get the CD from him.

Our home phone has been turned off. We rarely used it and we both have cell phones so it was an easy cut from our budget. We had the basic service which was supposed to be $9.99/month, but with all the fees Verizon tacked on, it ended up being about $25-30/month.

I canceled our domain name www.travisandabby.com, you can still find the site at tab.hardboiled.dyndns.org. Yahoo wanted $35/year to renew the name, which was up from $5/year. I briefly looked for cheaper options, but it was just a convenience so it's gone too. I have some more pictures to upload. When I do I'll notify you here.

I think that's all. I have two games to ref tomorrow. I think I'm running the line and evaluating the center ref from what Bob said. That should be fun. Then some guys and I are getting together to play the zombie survival game, Left 4 Dead. After that I'm going to get back to tiling the other bathroom.

2 comments:

Ben said...

I miss disc golf. Glad you enjoyed the course. Saba and I introduced Ultimate Frisbee to our students on Sunday. We had about 80 kids show up to play. It was insane! They loved it.

Anonymous said...

Did you get a chance to play disc golf on the latest visit to Flagstaff a month or so ago? play at Coyote Point?

Dad